Arts on Main invites artists of every medium and level, to submit up to three works of art for the Annual Juried Exhibition, opening October 1st. The exhibition will run through October 30th.
- Original works in any medium, both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional.
- No size or subject constraints.
- artists, aged 18 or older, may submit up to three works. Works must be ready to hang and suitably framed or finished.
- Accepted work must be labeled with the artist’s name, address, phone number, title, medium, dimensions, price or NFS (not for sale), and insurance value. The label should be affixed to the back of the work, in the upper left-hand corner.
- Along with your submission, artists are asked to provide a short bio that includes any past exhibitions, art education, and an artist statement.
Entry Fees & Deadlines
- The early entry deadline is midnight on Friday, July 23rd with an early entry fee of $25/three entries, after this date the entry fee goes up to $35.
- The final deadline for submissions is Friday, August 27th at midnight.
- Notification of acceptance to the show will be emailed on September 6th.
- Accepted works should be delivered to Arts on Main on Friday, September 24th and Saturday, September 25th, from Noon to 5pm.
- First Place: $1,000 and a future solo show at Arts on Main
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $250
- Fill out one form for up to three pieces
- Include a digital image of each entry in jpg format, no less than 500K and not to exceed 2MB
- Digital images should be clearly labelled with your last initial, first initial and title.
For example: SJ-EveningLandscape or SJEveningLandscape
- Online entries should be emailed to: email@example.com
- Other entries should be delivered to 6580 Main Street, Gloucester, Virginia 23061
Juror & Judge
Our Juror and Judge this year is Jeffrey Allison, Paul Mellon Collection Educator and Statewide Manager at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
- All artwork will be juried in digital format. Do not bring your work to the gallery.
- 2-dimensional artists may submit one photo per entry
- 3-dimensional artists may submit up to two photos per entry
- Entries may be for sale or for display only
- All work must be priced to include the 40% commission to Arts on Main or marked NFS (not for sale).
Conditions for Exhibition
- Permission to photograph any work in the exhibition for the purpose of publicity is considered granted by submission to the exhibition.
- Work may not be removed before the end of the exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for delivery and pickup of work at the gallery on the designated dates. Arts on Main will not be responsible for work left after pickup dates.
- Arts on Main reserves the right to exclude any artwork that may be deemed inappropriate for all audiences.
- Submission to this exhibition constitutes agreement with all conditions of this call for entry.
Please return the entry form and loan agreement, along with images of your work, by August 27th to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can either submit your payment online at gloucesterarts.org or mail the entry form and fee to 6580 Main Street, Gloucester, Virginia 23061. If you mail your entry form and fee, you are still required to email images of your submissions. Please DO NOT bring your work into the gallery if it has not been selected for the show.
To apply online, fill out the form below and email your images to email@example.com.
To apply via mail, download the submission form, mail it in, and email your images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry fees can be paid online, by phone or by mail.
Early Entry Fee – $25 until midnight on Friday, July 23rd
Online Submission Form