- This event has passed.
Painting Like Georgia with Mary Montague Sikes
April 15 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until April 16, 2021
From the moment Mary Montague Sikes saw paintings by Georgia O’Keeffe, she was intrigued. She loved the colors and designs of the paintings created by the artist during her days living near Santa Fe, New Mexico. Over the years, Monti has inspired others with her love of color. She has taught workshops that focus on the O’Keeffe paintings and enjoys inspiring other artists to create work in the manner of the iconic artist. This workshop will focus on using floral close-ups to inspire. Sikes will demonstrate paintings she creates using her own photographs as working drawings. Students should bring a selection of floral photos they have taken.
This workshop will take place over two days, Thursday, April 15th, and Friday, April 16th from 10 am to 3 pm each day.
This workshop is being offered both in-person and live via ZOOM.
A minimum of five students must be had in order for the workshop to commence.
This workshop is open to artists aged 16 and older.
– Acrylic paints in colors that you love. Please include the primaries.
– Large tube of inexpensive orange paint to use for underpainting.
– Size 12 round brush and other brushes you like to use.
– A 1-inch or ½ brush for priming the canvas.
– Large water container
– Roll of paper towels
– Freezer paper to use for palette (If you prefer palette paper, that’s okay, too.)
– Palette knife for mixing paint
– 20 x 20, 16 x 20, or 18 x 24 Gallery wrapped canvas –
– Bring several canvasses if you like to have more than one painting going at a time.
– Acrylic medium, gloss or matte, your preference
– A “gathering book” to take notes and collect ideas for your paintings
Arts on Main is proud to offer a wide variety of classes and workshops for both Children & Adults. Among these are Color Your Canvas Kidz, Summer Camps, After School Enrichment Programs, “Crit” Sessions, Open Studio, Paint Your Own Pottery and many more. We look forward to returning to our full complement of activities as soon as possible and complying with all safety precautions in place for Covid-19.