Session Four: Drawing animals on velour paper
Students will draw on velour paper using new techniques to create a soft effect of fur or hair. Students can use their own photo or the instructor can send her photo and students can draw along with her to complete the example above.
November 4- Class 7: You will also learn about Line in addition to the session focus.
November 18- Class 8: You will also learn about Composition in addition to the session focus.
Basic Materials list for all 8 classes. Additional supplies for specific classes are listed below.
● White foam board cut to 11 x 14”” or larger
- Purchase at the dollar store or Walmart
- This can be reused for each class..
● Soft pastel, set of 15 assorted colors, half sticks.
● Hard pastels, Set of 12 assorted colors
● Kneaded eraser
● 2b charcoal pencil
● Carbon paper. Staples or Office Max
Materials list for 11/4 & 11/18 in addition to the standard list above :
● Hahnemuhle Velour paper, middle gray, $7.11 per sheet
Instructor will be working on 11 x 14” paper, but students can cut their paper to any size that they wish.
About Your Instructor
Emily received her Bachelor’s in Fine Art from Bowling Green State University in Ohio where she focused on life drawing. While still in art school she began selling portraits as a career. She has taught portraits since 1984 and continues to support herself with portrait commissions and teaching.